Powerful Alcohol and Drug Rehab Houston - Treatment that Works!
- Parent Category: States
- Category: Alcohol & Drug Rehab Centers in Texas
- Written by Paul Onart
Alcohol & Drug Rehab Houston
If you’re looking for an alcohol or drug rehab center in Houston, you have many choices. There are facilities that can help anyone overcome dependency. Many also offer support and help to loved ones and family members as you go through this difficult time by educating family on addiction and answering questions about the treatment process.
How A Rehab Center Can Help
A Houston drug rehab can help you stop drinking or taking drugs that are ruining your life. It is a safe place where you can look at where your life is going and change it for the better. You will have peace and quiet and the support of a professional team to help you. The best thing is that at a center, you are not alone. You won’t be criticized either. The professional team will help you feel better physically. You will be given any medication that will help you get through this difficult time. You will also receive mental and spiritual help through group therapy with others who are going through the same things that you are. The support of others can help a lot when you see that you’re not the only one with this issue. Also, when you see that someone else has made it through this difficult time, it will help encourage you that you can do it too. You might also receive private counseling at the center. You can be sure that nothing that you say during your therapy session will be repeated or used against you. Everyone at the center wants to help you with your drug or alcohol problem.
Drug Use in Houston
According to the White House Drug Policy most major drugs, such as marijuana, cocaine, and methamphetamine are shipped into Houston and then sent out to other areas in the U.S.
- Mexican, Columbian, and Dominican drug trafficking organizations smuggle drugs into Houston.
- Mexican traffickers are selling crystal methamphetamine in clubs in the Houston area.
- Methamphetamine is sent from Houston to the Midwest and East Coast.
- Mexican marijuana is the main type of this drug trafficked in the city.
- Houston is used as the site from which Columbian heroin is sent to the Northeastern U.S.
- Ecstasy is controlled and distributed by Asian gangs in Houston.
Easy Availability of Drugs in Houston Area
- Cocaine and crack cocaine is easy to find throughout the Houston area. Prices are slightly down on this drug.
- Three types of heroin can be bought in Houston, including brown and black tar heroin. Columbian heroin is extremely expensive at about $60,000 for a kilogram. Mexican brown heroin is the cheapest and sells for around $1,500 an ounce.
- Several types of marijuana are available in the Houston area. Among these is hydroponic marijuana that can be found especially in Asian communities, selling for about $3,500 per pound. The Mexican drug sells for around $600 per pound, and Canadian marijuana costs about $3,300 per pound. Commercial grade pot sells for about $350 to $450 per pound in the city.
- Methamphetamine is available in the gay community in Houston, as well as in rural areas around the city. Some former cocaine injectors are now shooting up on crystal meth that costs less and produces a longer-lasting high than cocaine. Crystal methamphetamine sells for around $700 to $1,200 per ounce in the city.
- Club drugs that are imported from Belgium and the Netherlands are also readily available in Houston. Among these are MDMA, Rohypnol, Ketamine, GHB, LSD, and PCP.
- Pharmaceutical drugs are also readily available in the city, including Codeine cough syrups and Promethazine with Codeine. There has been an increase in the use of Oxycontin and hydrocodone, which is creating an increase in the demand for detoxification and methadone treatment in the city.
Finding Help in Houston
In the large city of Houston, you can find many places that exist only to help those with drug or alcohol problems. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration treatment database reports that there are almost 200 Houston drug rehab centers in the city or close by. Some of these are centers where you stay, away from the world and your daily troubles to work on getting off the booze or drugs. You can focus on how to improve your life. If you’re not sure where to go, you can begin by going to the emergency room for treatment at one of the city’s hospitals right now. If you need medical treatment, they can help you. They will also recommend where you should go for alcohol rehab in Houston and drug treatment.
Inpatient or Outpatient Treatment
Knowing which alcohol and drug rehab in Houston is right for you can be a difficult decision, especially if you do not know what is available. Many will check themselves into an inpatient treatment center for drug detox or alcohol detox or long-term treatment. Long term care has been statically shown to produce better results with addicts. The centers often help patients with healing for 90 days or longer.
Some who complete shorter term inpatient care will go into an outpatient center if the initial phase of treatment is not long enough.
Treatment For Those Of All Ages
Houston has a drug or alcohol rehab that is just right for those of all ages. There are centers for teens, young adults, seniors, and everyone in between. The most important thing to consider when enrolling in a drug rehab in Houston is the results of the program. When looking for help always ask what the success rate is for those finishing treatment that are able to stay drug and alcohol free.
For more information call 800-468-6933.
- Texas Drug Rehab
- Drug rehab Dallas
- Drug Rehab San Antonio
- Drug Rehab Austin
- Drug Rehab El Paso
- Alcohol Rehab Fort Worth
- Drug Rehab Arlington TX
- Drug Rehab Corpus Christi
- Drug Rehab Plano