Drug Detox Rehab and Program
- Parent Category: Rehab
- Category: Detox
- Written by Stop Admin
Discussions over increased toxicity in the body must necessarily include the role of recreational and illegal drugs. Cannabis sativa, commonly called marijuana, is one of the illicit drugs that contribute the most to external toxins. THC, the active component in marijuana, is fat soluble, meaning that it can be stored in the body for weeks or even months after smoking just a small amount.
While Marijuana detox symptoms may not be as severe as those of harder drugs or alcohol, they are strong enough to make kicking your habit difficult and uncomfortable. A few tips can help you detox as fast as possible. The steps are as follows.
- Step 1- Get plenty of cardiovascular exercise which helps your body to burn the fat cells which store THC. As you perform exercises during a detox, you may even notice a marijuana-like body odor as you body leaches out the toxins.
- Step 2-Drink plenty of water to help your body sweat more and flush toxins. Additionally, drinking a hot cup of water with lemon juice upon waking every morning will help to cleanse the digestive tract, which in turn will help your body to burn fat and eliminate toxins faster.
- Step 3-Take 2000 mg of vitamin C every day during your marijuana detox. Vitamin C not only helps to build the immune system, it is also the best vitamin for trapping and eliminating toxins stored in every cell of the body. If you experience stomach upset due to high levels of vitamin C, take smaller doses several times throughout the day.
- · Step 4-Make dandelion tea three or four times daily, a natural herb which can be found at any health food store. Dandelion tea is packed full of vitamins and minerals and also aids the elimination of toxins from the body. Always steep tea while covered for at least 10 minutes. Sweeten with honey if desired and sip while hot.
- · Step 5-Add garlic to every meal possible. If you have ever chewed a raw clove of garlic, you are already familiar with the slight burning sensation the oil causes. Garlic has the same effect system wide, detoxifying the body and aiding in the elimination of THC.
- · Step 6-Top off your marijuana detox with a niacin supplement. Niacin and other B vitamins are common deficiencies among those who use drugs and alcohol regularly. Niacin also has cleansing qualities, helping to speed the detox process. Because niacin can cause your face to flush, look for non-flushing supplements and take according to the manufacturer's directions.
If you follow these six steps you can have a tolerable Marijuana Detox. More often than not, people experience extreme discomfort while trying to detox off of marijuana. With these few steps, Marijuana Detox is very possible.