How Narconon Handles Marijuana Addiction
- Parent Category: Narconon Program
- Category: Narconon Arrowhead
The National Institute on Drug Abuse reports that marijuana is the most commonly used drug in the United States. During the last survey done by the U.S. Government, more than 28 million people had tried marijuana in the country.
The drug has caused much controversy among different groups who have tried to legalize the drug.
Health Hazards of Marijuana
Cancer is one of the most serious health hazards related to marijuana. Others include emphysema, bronchitis, and asthma. Long term use of this drug can put strain on the lungs and respiratory system. Using marijuana can also cause the immune system to be weaken.
Marijuana can also affect the brain. There are studies that show that long term marijuana use can slow the learning process permanently, and it can highly damage one’s memory.
Warning Signs of Marijuana Use:
There are many warning signs that indicate that someone could be abusing marijuana. These include:
• If a person keeps Visine around, or eye drops for redness of the eyes
• Paraphernalia, such as rolling papers, bongs, or pipes
• A lot of incense, to cover up smell
• Keeps mouth wash on them all the time
• Posters or stickers with the marijuana leaf on them
• Starts hanging out with different people
• Depression or isolation
• Not growing intellectually
• Not doing activities that they used to do
• Making up any excuse to get out of the house
• Not motivated
Look out for the above signs, and if your friend or loved one displays these signs then they may be using marijuana.
Types and Street Names of Marijuana:
There are several different types of marijuana, and there are also several different street names for it. Here is a list of some of the types and street names:
• Mary Jane
• Black Rock
• Buddha Grass
Some Different Kinds of Marijuana are:
• Dark hash
• Light hash
How Narconon Handles Marijuana Addiction:
The Narconon drug and alcohol rehabilitation program does not believe that addiction is a disease. When an individual enrolls on the program there are several phases they go through to complete the curriculum. The first part of the program deals with the physical aspect of the addiction while the remainder of the treatment focuses on the mental and emotional components of substance abuse. These courses do not only help with drug addiction, but will help with everyday life. Here at our program an individual will learn several things that will help them with getting off drugs staying off of them and getting your life together.
Here are Some Things That Addicts Are Taught Through Narconon
• How to communicate and build better relationships
• How to identify social and anti social personalities
• How to confront your guilt and put it to ease
• That each person has different areas in their life that they continually survive on and individuals learn how to better conditions in these areas.
• How to live by the code of moral conduct that is simple and easy to follow
After an individual has completed each Life Skill’s course they will go through a final review to make sure that they can apply all of the tools that they need to be successful in staying off of drugs and creating a better life.
Narconon clients have several options once they have completed. Mainly it is up to the individual and their family what course they take after treatment through Narconon.
If a client chooses, and is qualified they can apply for the Narconon training program and train as a counselor helping others struggling with addiction.
The Narconon program achieves a more than 70% success rate for those struggling with marijuana addiction. For more information call 800-468-6933.
Click here for more information on the Narconon treatment center.